What happens after death?
It is the place or state of final punishment of the wicked. It is an actual place, as surely as heaven is. Many like to accept that heaven is a place while rejecting hell as a place. As God has a place of happiness for the redeemed, so God has a place of punishment for the rebellious who serve the Devil.
What is it Going to be Like?
It is a place that the devil and demons inhabit. It is such an awful place to be, that Jesus said it would be better to cut off your hand or gouge out your eye rather than to go there. There is crying and total darkness there. It is described as a lake made up of fire and brimstone, which cannot be put out and causes intense pain and agony.
- It Will Be A Place Of Fire And Brimstone – Revelation 19:20, 20:10,14-15
- It Will Be A Fire That Is Never Quenched – Mark 9:43,45
- It Will Be A Place Of Intense Torment, Pain & Weeping – Matthew 13:42,50
- It Shall Be A Place Of Blackness & Darkness – Jude 1:13
It will be a terrible place separate from the presence of God, the rejected Lamb, the holy angels and the redeemed. No light, life, peace, joy righteousness, nor salvation, but only darkness and torment of conscience will be there for those who rejected and despised the grace of God. This is the Hell Jesus Christ died to save us from.
Who Will Be in Hell?
A great deal of people will end up in hell. They will come from every background, society, religion, and culture. Among their numbers will include those who the Bible describes as:
- Those who do not know God. (2 Thessalonians 1:8)
- Those who do not obey the Gospel of Jesus Christ. (2 Thessalonians 1:8)
- Sinners and hypocrites. (Isaiah 33:14)
- Those that practiced lawlessness. (Matthew 13:41)
- Cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murders, sorcerers, sexually immoral, idolaters, and all liars. (Revelation 21:8)
- Homosexuals, adulterers, thieves, covetous people, drunkards, extortioners. (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)
The Bible says the highway to hell is wide and the road to heaven is narrow. Which road are you traveling on? As long as you continue to follow Jesus your place in heaven is assured.
If you want to avoid a Christless eternity in Hell,
please click on the banner below and find out how.