Notice Philip’s response is, “If you believe with all your heart.” What does it mean to believe with all of your heart? The Bible says in the Book of James, “the demons even believe and tremble.” So, we want to make sure we are believing with all of our hearts. God doesn’t want just some of our heart, He wants it all.
Have You Been Born Again? If you believe Jesus is the Son of God and you have sincerely repented of your sins, you may be baptized.
The Proper Method for Being Baptized? It is important to be baptized in the same manner that we see it illustrated to us in the New Testament. We find that it is by immersion and is really the only way that the Scriptures elude to as the manner in which we should be baptized
Being Baptized is by Immersion.
There is no one Scripture that says it is by immersion, but all of the examples of people being baptized show that it is by immersion.
Why We Need to be Baptized
- The example of Jesus being immersed – Jesus is a good example to follow.
- The example of Philip and the Eunuch – Acts 8
- Baptism Definition – Greek The very word “Baptism” means to be fully wet. Baptizo, bap-tid’-zo; make whelmed (i.e. fully wet)
- Jesus Commanded us to.
- It is a Necessary Part of Our Spiritual Foundation.
- It Breaks the Bondage of Sin in our Lives.
- We Identify With Christ In His Death, Burial & Resurrection
- Our Old Nature Is Crucified With Him
- Our New Nature Comes Forth
- We Experience Circumcision of the Heart.
- God promises to bless everywhere His Name is recorded
Eventually we are going to be married to Jesus Christ. The apostle Paul says, "I have espoused you as a chaste virgin unto Christ." This means we have been engaged to him. You might say, prior to our baptism we have been in a courting relationship with Christ, simply getting to know Him. But now that we have gotten to know him, we are allowing ourselves to be officially engaged to Him. Water Baptism is the only experience we as Christians have to take upon the name of our Bridegroom.
The Bible’s final encouragement to you is:
Acts 22:16 'And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
Note: This is an abbreviated outline, please download the complete study