Once you click on the Paypal button and make your purchase, you will then be taken to the download site
If you have any problems, don't hestitate to email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will also have the ability to Download
all of the above lessons including the Ice Breakers
as one file
This would allow you to print the whole thing and bind it up
Community Group Lesson Guides - Vol. 1
Note: When Printing, it is designed to be printed on both sides of the paper.
Be Sure to bookmark this page
Discover Jesus in your midst during small group Bible Studies
Jesus promised that He "would not leave us orphans", that He and the Father would "abide with us",
and that the Spirit would be "in us and with us".
A Community group is Christ's church in purpose, nature, and power. Most tasks of the church should be fulfilled through this community life: prayer, discipleship, leadership training, worship, exercising of the gifts, edification and witness. The lessons below will help you in reaching the goal of experiencing Christ's indwelling presence, His edifying power and His ministering purpose in your community group.
The Meeting Format
- It's very helpful to begin the first 15 minutes of the meeting with a time of open fellowship and food. It really helps in getting people warmed up towards one another.
- Most meetings could begin with short time of worship. This could be an opportunity for gifts of the Spirit to come forth during this time or even during other parts of the meeting.
- An ice-breaker question could be asked of which each member of the group should respond to. This is should be a non-threatening question such as "What was the most significant thing that happened to you this week?" The ice-breaker question is important because it opens everyone up to one another and makes it easier to receive from one another as the meeting progresses.
- There will be a learning time which could consist of: Bible study, group discussion, discussions on spiritual needs and principles, or activities to strengthen fellowship in the community. As a leader you are more of a facilitator than a teacher although you will teach somewhat. The goal is to really lead the group in discussion getting everyone involved and participating.
- There should also be a time of reflection as to what work of Christ's power and grace He may wish to do in your lives in relationship to the lesson. This could be a time for gifts of the Spirit to flow such as word of knowledge or wisdom. You may want to divide up into smaller groups to pray and minister to one another during this time.
- There should be a time of praying for one another for a particular need or as to how Christ may want to use you to minister to someone during the week - This could also be a time for gifts of the Spirit to flow.
- If Holy Spirit wishes to interrupt the flow of any meeting, He should have perfect liberty to do so. Don't be so intent on finishing the lesson that you miss out on how the Holy Spirit wants to minister.
Community Group Objectives
A Successful Community Group will Experience Many of the following Objectives during the course of the Group
- Kingdom of God
- Signs & Wonders
- Shared Love